33 Leading Execs Make Up Adweek’s First Mediaweek Council
Thirty-three of the industry’s foremost media and marketing executives will make up the first class of the Mediaweek Council.
The council’s mission will be to amplify best practices and forward-thinking methods for the media-buying space. Brand safety, transparency, targeting and scalability across platforms will be top of mind for the council, who will also help guide Adweek’s own coverage of the rapidly changing business landscape.
“The next era of media must work harder to create a healthier advertising ecosystem for everyone, especially the people viewing it,” said Christian Juhl, Global CEO of WPP’s GroupM, who will serve as the council’s chair. “In reshaping the future of our industry, every part of the system is dependent upon each other to succeed. Working together allows us to find new solutions for the future. I’m looking forward to collaborating with some of the industry’s best and brightest to impact meaningful and lasting change to the way we do business.”
“Given the rapid pace of change, we realized there was a need for the ad-buying community to have a neutral space to explore best practices for the greater good and are excited to have such an incredible group of luminaries on this council,” said Lisa Granatstein, Chief Content Officer, Adweek.
The Mediaweek Council follows the recent announcement of the inaugural Mediaweek summit to be held next month. Here’s who will be making up the Council:
- Minjae Ormes, CMO, Visible
- Paolo Provinciali, vp, media and data US, Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Lina Polimeni, Chief Media Officer, Eli Lilly
- Marla Skiko, US and global head of media, Ford Motor Company
- Alan Smith, svp of global media, lifecycle and marketing analytics, Peloton
- Liz Salway, global digital center of competencies lead, Nestlé
- Kate Stanford, managing director, global ads marketing, Google / YouTube
- Danilo Tauro, global director of media, tech and data, P&G
- Shyam Venugopal, svp, global media and commercial capabilities, PepsiCo
- Derek Baker, CMO advisory leader, PwC
- Marc Brodherson, partner and marketing & advertising practice lead, McKinsey & Co.
- Scott Tieman, global lead, programmatic services, Accenture Interactive
- Dave Gaines, CEO, co-founder, Media by Mother
- Christian Juhl, global CEO, GroupM
- Daryl Lee, global CEO, Mediabrands
- Cara Lewis, evp, head of US investment, dentsu
- Helen Lin, chief digital officer, Publicis Groupe
- Deirdre McGlashan, chief media officer, MDC Partners
- Megan Pagliuca, chief activation officer, Omnicom Media Group
- Jamie Seltzer, global managing director, mar tech and data strategy, Havas Media Group
- Belinda Smith, CEO Americas, m/Six
- Dan Aversano, svp, data, analytics & advanced advertising, Univision
- Danielle Brown, svp, data enablement and category strategy, Disney Advertising Sales
- Mike Dean, svp, advanced advertising, ViacomCBS
- Adam Gaynor, head of network partnerships and addressable, Vizio and OAR
- Kim Kelleher, president of commercial revenue and partnerships, AMC Networks
- Ryan McConville, evp, advertising platforms and operations, NBCUniversal
- Nadja Bellan-White, global CMO, Vice Media
- Stephanie Layser, vp, advertising technology and operations, News Corp.
- Rich Lehrfeld, svp, general manager, Walmart Connect
- Ryan Pauley, CRO, Vox Media
- Joy Robins, CRO, The Washington Post
- Carlos Watson, co-founder and CEO, OZY Media
“Adweek has once again built upon its DNA to create not only the most anticipated event for the media and marketing communities, but also a council for ongoing dialogue on what matters most to ad buyers and sellers,” said Adweek CEO Jeffrey Litvack in a statement. “We are proud to be able to provide these platforms for the greater good of our community.”